Sunday, May 23, 2010

Jewelry



I took apart 2 earrings and discovered that these little rings fit the girls' fingers perfectly so I soldered these little sterling butterfly and dragonfly spacers to them. My girls love them!

All Ethiopian teenagers seem to have an incredible sense of pride in their heritage and flag. They wear anything they can get their hands on that are green, yellow and red. While in Ethiopia, I gathered flowers, leaves and grass for pressing. I learned how to tin microscope specimen glass and decided to make this Ethiopian flag pendant out of flowers and leaves I gathered in Addis Ababa. I filled this tiny vile with soil from Ethiopia and wrapped a bead with the letter K on it for Kidist. My tinning needs work, but I kind of like the rough look.

I actually got this idea from a magazine and thought it was brilliant! My girls will wear these when we go out. If we are ever separated, they will always have my cell number with them.
(I had to doctor the picture to get rid of my number - you get the idea though)
I've seen these for boys too - just different beads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers