Sunday, May 23, 2010

Zucchini soup

After realizing my zucchini had cross pollinated with my gourds and was so woody I couldn't even get a knife through them, I resorted to using my neighbors zucchini. We peeled and shredded them together and I went home to make us both some soup and cornbread. While eating dinner, some of Faith's soup dripped on her bare foot. No problem right? I'll just get a rag and wipe it off. Faith had other plans. Before I could even get up, Faith had her foot in her mouth sucking off the soup. Ew!
Anyway, Zucchini soup is heaven. This is my best friend's mom's recipe from college. You must try it. Don't be afraid of the color. It truly is delicious!

ZUCCHINI SOUP
(for this recipe you do need to peel and remove seeds)
Cook and puree:
3c. zucchini in 1/2c. water
Make white sauce and stir until thick:
1/2c. butter
3T. flour
2C. milk
Add to sauce:
1T. dry onion (I use onion powder, 1t.)
1/2T. parsley flakes (opt.)
2t. chicken bouillon
pepper to taste

Mix in zucchini puree (don't drain) and heat through. Good served with cornbread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers